DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Throughout this one-year post-secondary diploma, you will develop skills that are critical to running business operations efficiently and effectively including marketing, finance, organizational behaviour, and business strategy.
The Business Administration (Practicum Program) acts as a pathway into employment by teaching students the core skills they need to enter one of the following roles: accounting manager, financial administrator, office services coordinator, financial planning and analysis manager and budget analyst. The program is design for students wanting to boost their career in the business sector and develop skills which are critical to advancing in the industry. Learn and develop your knowledge through a highly practical and dynamic program.
Why study this program?
This diploma will equip you with skills and knowledge needed to kickstart your career in the Business sector teaching you everything from the fundamentals of business process management through to strategic decision-making. By the time you complete this program, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of business administration; utilize process management tool suites; create and maintain business reports; understand strategic planning and much more.
Qualification: Post-Secondary Diploma
Delivery: Monday to Thursday | 20 Hours Per Week | 5 Hours Per Day
Fees after scholarship*
$9,000 CAD International students
$6,000 CAD Domestic students
*Additional fees may apply. Textbook costs are not included.
The practicum work experience placement represents 20% of the overall program duration. You will get the opportunity to apply your newly acquired skills within the industry through an unpaid work experience.
Develop your skills and expertise to advance yourself in a successful career
PTIB Program Approval
The Diploma in Business Administration Practicum program is currently being reviewed for approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
By the time you complete the diploma program, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of business administration; utilize process management tool suites; create and maintain business reports; understand strategic planning and much more.
Check the requirements below to prepare your application to CCTB.
*For more information on Admission Requirements, please review the CCTB Admissions Policy.
English Language Requirements:
Applicant must attain one of the following English language requirements:
*For more information on English Language Requirements, please review the CCTB English Language Policy.
Business Administration Career Opportunities
CCTB is dedicated to providing students with the highest quality training in order to ensure they stand out to today’s employers. Our curriculum has been tailored to your career goals and will be taught using the latest industry tools. You’ll learn in a highly interactive environment, engaging you in a format most companies use to conduct their business.
CCTB is committed to providing career orientation, guidance and ongoing employment opportunities and support. Throughout your studies, you will learn industry relevant techniques and receive support in securing employment in your desired field. We strive to deliver an outstanding level of support as you enter or re-enter the workforce.
Studying the Business Administration program will provide you with the skills that you can take into many different roles. Some roles you could consider after your finish the program include:
• Business Manager: These managers will often be in charge of one department in a company and will ensure that all business objectives are being met.
• Project Administration Officer: A Project Officer is responsible for overseeing projects from start to finish. The job role involves developing and managing strategies for projects that will eventually contribute to the business’ overall success.
• Administration Officer: As an Administration Officer, you will be the point of contact for all employees within the organization. You will also be responsible for providing administrative support and managing employees’ queries.
• Officer Services Coordinator: As an officer in an organization, you will coordinate the various departments, creates schedules and manage other supervising staff members.
• Financial Administrator: A Financial Administrator is hired to organize the finances of an organization. In addition, financial planners take care of the savings and investments of a company and assist in financial decision-making in order to reach the desired goals and maximize profits.
• Human Resources Administrator: These administrators develop, put into place and manage HR policies and plans. You will be in charge of people in an organization in a way to help their business gain a competitive advantage.
• Business Services Officer: Similar to a project officer, business officers provide administrative and project support to particular departments and functions within an organization.
The average Business Administration salary in Canada is $62,907 per year or $32.26 per hour. Entry level positions start at $38,000 per year while most experienced workers make up to $102,969 per year.
Average annual salary for Business Administrator in British Columbia
People working as Business Administrators in Vancouver
Business Administration job openings (2014-2024) in British Columbia
“They have helped us to prepare our resumes, prepare for interviews, and we were so confident, we were able to communicate with the people. I have recommended CCTB to many of my friends and in future will continue to recommend.”
Namrata Skang, CCTB student
“The materials and skills gained are really applicable with what I am doing now and I still use them. The materials are precise.”
Galina Kovalenko, CCTB student
“When I joined the orientation sessions, I found it very knowledgeable. The preparation that I had with my instructor was very helpful and that got me my first job."
Saqib Butt, CCTB alumnus
“The environment was very friendly and informative. Instructors conducted mock interviews that helped us later when going for real interviews.”
Stan Yartsev, CCTB alumnus