Software Quality and Test Automation
This program will equip students with the knowledge and in-demand technical abilities required by modern software development organizations to become an effective Software Quality Assurance Analyst.
Students will learn the foundational management processes and software development lifecycle models used within leading technology enterprises to manage complex software projects.
The standard development practices, methodologies, tool competencies used within software development teams will be adopted and applied by students within this program to build a strong understand of the entire end-to-end software build process, from requirements gathering and analysis to deployment into production.
This program will emphasize and incorporate the use of software test automation solutions within modern software project which students will learn and implement into the creation of their own test automation framework.
Why study this program?
This program will prepare students to challenge the Oracle Certified Foundations Associate exam, AWS Cloud Foundation exam, and the ISTQB Foundations exam to achieve 3 top industry certifications.
- Total: 43 Weeks|1340 Hours (Includes 1-Week Scheduled Break)
- Academic: 34 Weeks | 1020 Hours
- Placement: 8 Weeks | 320 Hours | Practicum
- Must be on EI or have had a claim in the last 5 years or have earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid employee EI premiums on those earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Minimum language proficiency of CLB 6
- Approved by WorkBC to participate
- Students must have their own computers
- Applicant must complete the program eligibility questionnaire
- Applicant must complete and pass the technical assessment
For non-native English speakers:
- Have the required IELTS 5.5 score or equivalent
This program prepares students for the following career occupations:
- Application Tester
- Application Testing Technician
- Software Test Co-Ordinator
- Software Tester
- Software Testing Technician
- Systems Tester
- Systems Testing Technician
- User Acceptance Tester
June 6th, 2022
Fully Funded Program
Inquire by contacting PBLMT@canadianctb.ca
Program Courses Include:
Information Technology Fundamentals
- This course will begin with an introduction into the software, hardware and operating system components of modern PCs and computer workstations in which students will learn the fundamentals of computer administration, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, OSI Model, the TCP/IP protocol suite, IPv4/IPv6 addressing and subnetting, cable mediums, routing and switching, wireless, data flows, connectivity troubleshooting, and basic network device configuration.
- Students will be able to acquire the knowledge and skills to set up and use a computer at home securely and keep it in good working order and to provide informal support for PCs and simple computer networks to your colleagues in a small business.
Information Systems and Software Quality
- This course will introduce students to the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), iterative (Agile) and predictive (Waterfall) development models, and the concepts and methodologies software teams use throughout the end-to-end software build process.
- Students will develop and analyze business and technical requirements, create high-level technical design documentation, create, and run test cases, and perform defect triage, while managing their work using various project management frameworks.
- During the software testing portion of the course, students will practice software testing using various test types including feature testing, usability testing, regression testing, smoke test, and user acceptance testing.
Relational Database Systems and SQL
- This course will teach students the concepts, methodologies and different implementations of relational database systems including database modeling, relationship identification, entity mapping, data normalization and validation to produce various database schemas based on technical requirements.
- Students will gain an understanding of the use of the structured query language (SQL) on an intermediate level and will be able to create complex database queries.
Introduction to Linux Systems Administration
- This course is an introduction to into administering Linux systems. Students will be introduced to a variety of foundational topics including the underlying Linux system architecture, device and filesystem management, network configuration and security, system services, common administration practices, bash shell scripting and task management.
- Students will use their knowledge of Linux and automation scripting to perform automated configuration management of systems in addition to learning how to deploy a PHP-based web application on a local virtualized environment.
Introduction to Cloud Services
- This course will begin with an introduction into the enabling technologies that power cloud service provider platforms.
- Students will learning administer, maintain, and troubleshoot cloud-based environments and deploy a variety of services using the Amazon Web Services cloud platform.
- This course will cover AWS cloud concepts including AWS Global Infrastructure, billing, cloud security, networking, content delivery, compute resources, storage, databases, architecture, scalability, and monitoring.
Introduction to Programming
- This course in an introduction into programming using the Python programming language where learners will develop the foundational skills to create procedural and object-oriented applications.
- Students will become proficient at using and implementing fundamental programming concepts including basic language syntax, operators, flow-control, lists and tuples, functions, dictionaries and sets, I/O operations, program modules, database connections, object-orientation, generators, and lambda expressions.
Software UI Test Automation
- In this course, learners will be introduced to automated software testing solutions used within modern software quality assurance teams.
- Students will be introduced to the Selenium UI testing library to create automated UI tests using the python programming language.
- This course will cover the process of using automation tools for the development of a UI testing framework that can be used across multiple software testing projects.
- This course is composed of an instructor led bootcamp where students will use their knowledge and skills acquired within this program to practice within a simulated software development project.
- Students will deploy their own Application Under Test (AUT) within a local testing environment to begin the software testing process
- Moreover, students will be expected to produce business and technical requirements, create test cases, design test types, and manage any software defects using a back-tracking/management solution.
- To complete this bootcamp, students will be expected to create a basic automated UI testing framework using the solution of their choice.